As of May 11, 2023, the federal COVID-19 Public Health Emergency declaration ended. Recognizing that University of Houston faculty, staff and students can find the relevant information they need on the CDC’s COVID-19 website, UH has ceased updates to this COVID-19 website.
For any COVID-19-related inquiries, we strongly recommend consulting with your trusted health care provider. Please remember to stay vigilant and prioritize your well-being.
Protocols for all Students with COVID-19 Diagnosis/Symptoms
- Contact your health care provider or the Student Health Center (713-743-5151) for diagnosis, treatment and/or COVID-19 testing, as necessary and follow their medical advice. The Student Health Center and Campus Pharmacy are available to currently enrolled UH students.
- If your illness impacts your ability to perform schoolwork, contact your instructors and refer to the excused absence policy.
Protocols for all Employees with COVID-19 Diagnosis/Symptoms
- Contact your health care provider for diagnosis, treatment and/or COVID-19 testing, as necessary.
- Employees covered by Health Select of Texas, Health Select or Health Select Secondary are eligible for virtual visits through either Doctor on Demand or MDLive.
- As with any illness, employees are expected to use their accrued paid sick time. Contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to discuss additional leave options.